CVA Renewal Options and Requirements
As of January 2014 an updated set of Renewal Guidelines are in effect. These requirements are designed to:
- include a full range of activities that are relevant to today’s trends and technology
- provide a balanced approach between passive “head learning” and “experiential” activities
- respond to specific suggestions from renewing CVAs
- provide flexibility and meaning for the required written component
- emphasize the continuing importance of professional ethics
Renewal Forms and Resources
To get started, download the Guidelines and Tracking forms.
- –Details about how to renew your credential, including the many ways you can earn and document Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Tracking Forms (to print and fill out)
- Tracking Forms (electronic fillable version that allows you to save your data if you use Adobe Reader 8 or later)
- Sample Professional Renewal Essay
2019 Renewal Fee
The 2019 Renewal Fee is $175 USD and is due by end of calendar year in which you are renewing. If materials are submitted by June 30, the Early Bird Renewal Fee of $140 will apply.
- To renew online, visit the Pay Online page.
- Or mail a check to CCVA, P.O. Box 2153, San Francisco, CA, 94126, USA
The 2019 Renewal Fee is $175 USD and is due by end of calendar year in which you are renewing. If materials are submitted by June 30, the Early Bird Renewal Fee of $140 will apply. Electronic credit card payments are accepted via PayPal. The fee may also be sent to CCVA by check.