CVA Renewal Options and Requirements
As of January 2014 an updated set of Renewal Guidelines are in effect. These requirements are designed to:
- include a full range of activities that are relevant to today’s trends and technology
- provide a balanced approach between passive “head learning” and “experiential” activities
- respond to specific suggestions from renewing CVAs
- provide flexibility and meaning for the required written component
- emphasize the continuing importance of professional ethics
Renewal Forms and Resources
To get started, download the Guidelines and Tracking forms.
CVA Renewal Guidelines 2017 –Details about how to renew your credential, including the many ways you can earn and document Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Tracking Forms (to print and fill out)
- Tracking Forms (electronic fillable version that allows you to save your data if you use Adobe Reader 8 or later)
- Sample Professional Renewal Essay
2017 Renewal Fee
The 2017 Renewal Fee is $175 USD and is due by end of calendar year in which you are renewing. If materials are submitted by June 30, the Early Bird Renewal Fee of $140 will apply.
- To renew online, visit the Pay Online page.
- Or mail a check to CCVA, P.O. Box 2153, San Francisco, CA, 94126, USA
The 2017 Renewal Fee is $175 USD and is due by end of calendar year in which you are renewing. If materials are submitted by June 30, the Early Bird Renewal Fee of $140 will apply. Electronic credit card payments are accepted via PayPal. The fee may also be sent to CCVA by check.