In the constantly changing contemporary work environment, the standard of best practices in volunteer management must remain at the highest level of expertise possible. Professionals in all fields are expected to be fully up-to-date in their chosen area of expertise. Employers and customers alike have high expectations of the services provided by certified professionals. Renewal of the CVA credential is required every five years to demonstrate continuing professional development and to retain the right to use the professional appellation, CVA. Take a look at this brief article Renewing Your Credential: Thoughts from a Recent CVA
CVA Renewal Requirements
The process of renewing the CVA credential is designed to:
- include a full range of activities that are relevant to today’s trends and technology
- provide a balanced approach between passive “head learning” and “experiential” activities
- respond to specific suggestions from renewing CVAs
- provide flexibility and meaning for the required written component
- emphasize the continuing importance of professional ethics
Renewal Forms and Resources
To get started, download the Guidelines and Tracking form.
CVA Renewal Guidelines – 2021 — Details about how to renew your credential, including the many ways you can earn and document Professional Development Units (PDUs)
You can also access the recording of the webinar that was held for CVAs renewing in 2021 HERE.
NOTE: If you have been laid off or furloughed in recent months it does not affect your ability to renew your CVA. Please remember to keep CCVA informed of your current contact information.
Renewal Fee: SPECIAL NOTICE
Renewals are due no later than December 1, 2021. For 2021, the renewal fee will be $140USD through to December 1, 2021. To pay the fee online, visit the Pay Online page.
Submit Renewal Documents Online
Once you have all the required documents for renewal, please submit them using our online form located here.
Keep in mind:
- This form cannot be saved as a draft. Once you’ve started filling out this form, you will need to complete it.
- You will need to upload your Tracking Form and Professional Reflection Essay. They should be separate PDFs that are no larger than 1GB.