CVA Renewal Requirements
The process of renewing the CVA credential is designed to:
- include a full range of activities that are relevant to today’s trends and technology
- provide a balanced approach between passive “head learning” and “experiential” activities
- respond to specific suggestions from renewing CVAs
- provide flexibility and meaning for the required written component
- emphasize the continuing importance of professional ethics
Renewal Forms and Resources
You can listen to a webinar on CVA Renewal in 2020 HERE.
To get started, download the Guidelines and Tracking form.
CVA Renewal Guidelines – 2020 — Details about how to renew your credential, including the many ways you can earn and document Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- CVA Renewal Tracking Form-FILLABLE — electronic version that allows you to save your data if you use Adobe Reader 8 or later
- Sample Professional Essay
- Sample Renewal Tracking Form
NOTE: If you have been laid off or fuloughed in recent months it does not affect your ability to renew your CVA. As long as you intend to continue working in this field you are welcome and encouraged to renew. Please remember to keep CCVA informed of your current contact information.
Renewal Fee: SPECIAL NOTICE
Normally the Renewal Fee is $175 USD after June 30. However, in response to the stress and uncertainty caused by COVID-19, CCVA is exending the Early Bird Discounted Renewal Fee of $140 USD until the end of 2020.
- To pay the fee online, visit the Pay Online page.
Submit Renewal Documents Online
Once you have all the required documents for renewal, please submit them using our online form located here.
Keep in mind:
- This form cannot be saved as a draft. Once you’ve started filling out this form, you will need to complete it.
- You will need to upload your Tracking Form and Professional Reflection Essay. They should be separate PDFs that are no larger than 1GB.