Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) Initial Certification
Exam Dates & Deadlines
|Application & Payment Due||Exam Window|
|March 1, 2021||April 1-14, 2021|
|September 1, 2021||October 1-14, 2021|
- Download and read the entire handbook at 2021 CCVA Handbook.
- Review and complete the Document of Eligibility.
- Obtain one letter of professional reference.
- Prepare your Document of Eligibility, your resume and your professional reference as PDFs.
- Submit your application through this form: 2021 October CVA Exam Application
- Pay for your application and keep your receipt.
Once your application and payment are received, reviewed and approved, you’ll receive additional information regarding the Equipment Check, Trial Test and the upcoming exam window.
Additional Certification Resources are located on the Resources page
NOTE: If you have been laid off or furloughed in the past few months this does not automatically disqualify you from applying to take the CVA Exam. You will be able to complete most of the application information even if you are currently between jobs. Just add a note in your application about your current status. If you have specific questions about your situation, contact CCVA at email@example.com
Regular Exam Fee
VMPC Members Exam Fee
Member Discount Exam Fee
Exam Retest Fee
NOTE: Payments are made online via credit card using PayPal. They must be received by the application deadline for each exam session. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate payment arrangements. Exam fees for VMPC Members and Retest will rise in 2022 to $315 and $125 respectively.
Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) Renewal
In the constantly changing contemporary work environment, the standard of best practices in volunteer management must remain at the highest level of expertise possible. Professionals in all fields are expected to be fully up-to-date in their chosen area of expertise. Employers and customers alike have high expectations of the services provided by certified professionals. Renewal of the CVA credential is required every five years to demonstrate continuing professional development and to retain the right to use the professional appellation, CVA.
Additional CVA Renewal Resources including articles and videos are located on the Resources page
- Complete CVA Renewal Activity Tracking Forms (sample) including:
- Supporting documentation for a minimum of 35 PDUs
- Professional reflection essay (sample)
- Provide payment using the link below prior to December 1. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit via this online form
NOTE: This form cannot be saved as a draft. Once you’ve started filling out this form, you will need to complete it.
You will need to upload your Tracking Form and Professional Reflection Essay. They should be separate PDFs that are no larger than 1GB.
If you have been laid off or furloughed in recent months it does not affect your ability to renew your CVA.
Please remember to keep CCVA informed of your current contact information.