Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) Initial Certification
2024 Exam Dates & Deadlines
|Application & Payment Due||Exam Window|
|March 1, 2024||April 1-14, 2024|
|September 1, 2024||October 1-14, 2024|
- Attend an Information Session. Choose from these dates.
- Download and read the entire CVA Handbook from our Resources page.
- Review and complete the Document of Eligibility
- Obtain one letter of professional reference.
- Prepare your Document of Eligibility, your resume and your professional reference as PDFs.
- Submit your application HERE.
- Pay for your application using the buttons below and keep your receipt. The member rate applies to those who hold an active membership with one of our Supporters.
Once your application and payment are received, reviewed and approved, you’ll receive additional information regarding the Equipment Check, Trial Test and the upcoming exam window.
Additional Certification Resources are located on the Resources page
Looking for a bulk purchase discount? If your organization or group has 5 or more people looking to write the exam this cycle, you can purchase bulk exam fees at a discount. The 2024 bulk purchase fee is $350 per exam.
Fees must be paid for all candidates in the group or organization at once. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice for a bulk purchase.
Regular Exam Fee
Member Exam Fee
Exam Retest Fee
Exam Fee for Current CVAs seeking PDUs for Renewal
NOTE: Payments are made online via credit card using PayPal. They must be received by the application deadline for each exam session. You may contact us at email@example.com for alternate payment arrangements.
Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) Renewal
In the constantly changing contemporary work environment, the standard of best practices in volunteer management must remain at the highest level of expertise possible. Professionals in all fields are expected to be fully up-to-date in their chosen area of expertise. Employers and customers alike have high expectations of the services provided by certified professionals. Renewal of the CVA credential is required every five years to demonstrate continuing professional development and to retain the right to use the professional appellation, CVA.
Additional CVA Renewal Resources including articles and videos are located on the Resources page
- Read the 2023 CVA Renewal Guidelines.
- Complete 2023 CVA Renewal Tracking Form including:
- Coversheet and documentation for a minimum of 35 PDUs
- Professional reflection essay (sample)
- Provide payment using the link below prior to December 1. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Submit via this online form
NOTE: This form cannot be saved as a draft. Once you’ve started filling out this form, you will need to complete it.
You will need to upload your Tracking Form and Professional Reflection Essay. They should be separate PDFs that are no larger than 1GB.
If you have been laid off or furloughed in recent months it does not affect your ability to renew your CVA.
Please remember to keep CCVA informed of your current contact information.